The Wireless Management Node of GlobiLED, referred to as GlobiNode (GN), is an outdoor gateway which serves as the connection gateway between a remote monitoring PC and the LED Street Lights. GN communicates with the PC, through which its user may have access to the Light Management Software (LMS) via a 4G/3G wireless interface and with the LED Street Lights via a ZigBee radio link (IEEE 802.15.4 @ 2.4GHz). GN has been tested according to the provisions of the LV, EMC and R&TTE Directives and is an RoHS compliant product.
Remote Street Light Management
GlobiLED Wireless Controller (GWC)
Certification: The GWC follows the certification of the GL-ST300-Wxxx LED Street Lights, since all tests of the GL-ST300-Wxxx series(LVD, EMC, R&TTE, RoHS, REACH, ERP, IK10, LM-79) have been carried out including the GWC.
The GlobiLED Wireless Controller, referred to as GWC, is an electronic board with an integrated ZigBee transceiver (IEEE 802.15.4 @ 2.4GHz). GWCs are installed in GL-ST300-Wxxx LED Street Lights and form with one or more GNs, one or more wireless mesh networks respectively. In this manner, a GWC is able to exchange real-time data with the LMS, related to:
– the energy consumption of the LED Street Light and its electrical parameters,
– the operational state of the LED Driver (failure report),
– the mode of operation of the LED Street Light, that can be set as follows:
- Autonomous operation according to the sunrise-sunset algorithm,
- Autonomous operation according to a fixed (user-defined) time & dimming profile, with 7 dimming levels.
The GWC is able to support all the aforementioned functions and modes by exploiting the capabilities of a powerful microcontroller (uC) of Microchip and an I2C Real Time Clock (RTC) of Maxim. Critical data exchanged with the LMS are stored in the local EEPROM of the uC. Hence, even if the connection with the LMS fails, data can be retrieved (by the LMS) after the connection is restored. Moreover, the GWC can provide to the LED Street Light:
- Constant Light Output (CLO) functionality
- Adjustable Startup Time (AST) functionality
- Overheat protection by reducing the output current of the LED Driver (i.e. by dimming the luminaire), when certain user-defined temperature thresholds are exceeded (2 thresholds and 2 dimming levels can be wirelessly defined via the LMS). Certification: The GWC follows the certification of the GL-ST300-Wxxx LED Street Light, since all tests of the GL-ST300-Wxxx LED Street Lights (LVD, EMC, R&TTE, RoHS, REACH, ERP,EL, ART, IK10) have been carried out including the GWC.
Light Management Software (LMS)
The Light Management Software, referred to as LMS, is an application software developed by GlobiLED, which gives the user the capability to manage/control and monitor the LED Street Lights via a set of commands which are transmitted to the GWCs via the GNs. Based on these commands and on the information gathered from the LED Street Lights, the LMS can:
– provide energy consumption information, reports and statistics,
– provide warning indications on a street map for possible failures of individual LED Street Lights (hence, optimizing the maintenance policy and the relevant cost),
– implement to individual LED Street Lights or to groups of LED Street Lights the desired mode of operation, (hence, optimizing the energy saving).
– monitor, and modify (read/write) all parameters of the GWCs.